Each month Faith in Action holds an open discussion regarding or ministry settings and how we might strengthen the community using Assets Based Community Development principles.
We are cross promoting the following event as it is being run by our friends at the Anti-Poverty Network
Power To The Poor – Silent No More, on Friday October 21st and Saturday October 22nd, promises to be one of the largest Anti-Poverty Week events in the country, and the only event organised by low-income people. Their voices, often ignored by policy-makers and the public, will take centre-stage at this unique conference. Featured sessions cover unemployment, homelessness, Job Agencies, sole parents, disability, and mental health. Info: antipovertynetworksa.org/conference, firstname.lastname@example.org, 0411 587 663. Hosted by Anti-Poverty Network SA.”
- What does it take to create busy public place? What can churches learn about making space more accessible through place making?
- David Bailey (Adelaide City Council and Adelaide West Uniting Church) has worked on this in the Adelaide Central Market.
- David’s bringing his top ten ideas. Come and see if they work for your in your ministry setting
- Reading / Resources: IAP 2 and IAP 2 revised
- Adelaide Central Market – TBar, Adelaide Central Market 12-2pm.
The three workshops of August, September and October have a common theme around buildings and ministry.
NOVEMBER – Well Being with Paul Turley and Adam Trethaway – Friday 25th Nov
- Venue: Hope’ Café – Spire Community, 12-2pm, Clayton Wesley Uniting Church, Corner of The Parade and Portrush Road, Beulah Park
DECEMBER – Christmas conversation 16 Dec – possibly meet at Woodville Park
Friday Reading Group – normally meets on 4th Friday of every month – except Dec when we bring if forward a week!
Asset Mapping – Replacing the Minutes with Charting, Drawing, Mapping and all things Colour! And additional skill you need.
Introduction and example of survey from New Prospect Missionary Baptist Church, Cincinnati, Ohio, in Asset-Based Strategies for Faith Communities pp1-22 (ABCD Institute, 2002) Discovering the gifts of individuals
An Organisational Asset Map from the Lutheran Church in America, Chicago Foundation for Women / Adapted by ELCA / Getting Unstuck and Constantly Renewing through Asset Mapping, in Asset-Based Strategies for Faith Communities pp49-58, 2002 , (ABCD Institute 2002) Organisational asset map